When Should I Have Mold Testing?
JW Mold Assessors will first visually inspect your home for signs of mold growth throughout different areas of your home that are of concern. We will determine if indoor air quality or surface sample testing is necessary or recommended.
Situations when mold testing is suggested:
- Unexplained health concerns (health symptoms that have persisted for some time, or if a doctor has mentioned potential mold issues)
- Musty or strong odor but there is no visible mold growth
- When looking at purchasing a new home (mold can be in hidden areas so when doing a walk through you may not realize there is a mold issue)
- After a flood or persistent leak (if there has been standing water in any area for over 48 hours, mold growth can occur)
- Rental properties rather it be the tenant or landlord when proof is needed to ensure the presence mold